Kari Verjil, Registrar of Voters
- Kari’s election career began in 1992 with the Riverside County Registrar of Voters, where she served as the chief deputy since 2003.
- Prior to her appointment as chief deputy, she served in the capacity of elections coordinator which provided her with experience in the areas of candidate services, voter services, and absentee voting. She also assisted in the implementation of the state’s first electronic voting system.
- Kari Verjil began her appointment as Registrar of Voters for San Bernardino County in June 2005 through early 2011.
- As Registrar of Voters for San Bernardino County, Kari was responsible for administering elections for the largest geographic election region in the continental United States (21,000 square miles), with over 800,000 registered voters.
- She returned to serve as Riverside County’s Registrar in February and is looking forward to continuing to conduct successful elections.
- Kari earned her Bachelor of Arts in Social Science from Chapman University and has completed advanced coursework in the field of education.
- She is on the board of directors of the California Association of Clerks and Election Officials.
In her spare time, she runs marathons with the Loma Linda Lopers, plays golf, and loves to be outdoors.
Ensure the electoral process will be conducted professionally, consistently demonstrating neutrality and non-partisan decision-making, based upon a thorough knowledge of and compliance with all election laws by administering them timely, responsively and with integrity on behalf of those we serve.
Registrar of Voters' Pledge
I uphold the Constitution of the United States and the laws, policies and court decisions of federal, state and local jurisdictions;
I commit to excellence and competence by maintaining the highest level of knowledge and expertise in the elections process through continuing education and self evaluation;
I am accountable for maintaining public confidence in honest and impartial elections which I conduct in a fair, efficient and accurate manner;
I dignify voters by providing equal opportunity to participate in the democratic process;
I am responsible for just and equitable treatment of the general public, elected officials and members of my profession;
I manifest a positive role in community relations by being accessible and receptive to both individuals and groups;
I have the courage and stamina to protect the public's interest from manipulation for personal or partisan gain while respecting the rights of all;
I am flexible and innovative within the framework of the law in carrying out my duties on behalf of the public's interest;
I conduct all fiscal responsibilities with wisdom and integrity , and I am accountable for all funds and resources committed to my charge;
I maintain a productive and efficient operation through a well managed elections environment ;
I endeavor to maintain the highest level of integrity in performing all duties of my profession .